50 Things That Made The Modern Economy is a BBC World Service podcast. In short snippets of 9 minutes, Tim Harford, the FT journalist, discusses innovations that have played a crucial role in shaping the world today.
The Haber-Bosch process, for example, responsible for thousands of deaths in the First World War, is fundamental to sustaining human life and population growth. It is the magic that results in fertilisers, without which there would be insufficient food for the world.
When Alex, Patrizia and I launched the MEX podcast in February 2016, we begun with a notion: an ongoing conversation with our diverse community about how to design better digital experiences. However, we could not have anticipated it would lead to such a wealth of interesting guests, themes and explorations.
In 11 months we have:
- Published 25 episodes and over 27 hours of design discussion to listeners in 66 countries
- Interviewed 18 pioneering design thinkers with a broad range of…
This episodes explores how trust can be created in digital UX through visual, interaction and service design techniques. Richard Lewis, Head of UX, Digital, RBS, joins co-hosts Marek Pawlowski and Alex Guest for the discussion. In addition to the theme of trust, Richard talks about his long career in UX, ranging from advertising agencies to large telcos and retailers like Orange and Tesco. The conversation touches on changing customer expectations of trust in the digital environment, the ro…
MEX Design Talk is the podcast for the MEX community, exploring emerging technologies, user behaviour and how to design better digital experiences.
On this edition
- Marek Pawlowski, co-host & founder of MEX (@marekpawlowski)
- Alex Guest, co-host & CEO of Zingy.life (@alexguest)
- Ed Rex, founder & CEO of Jukedeck (@edrex_)
Theme: user experience for creators
Alex Guest and Marek Pawlowski discuss user experience for creators, starting with examples of creative apps, then digging …
I’m delighted to announce Design Talk, the podcast for the MEX community.
Co-hosted by Alex Guest and me, Marek Pawlowski, it’s a fortnightly audio programme exploring the intersection of emerging technologies, user behaviour and great digital experiences. In episode 1:
- We discuss design implications of bringing digital intelligence to our physical surroundings.
- An in-depth interview with Patrizia Bertini, Wipro Digital’s user research director and Lego Serious Play facilitator.
- A …