This special edition of the MEX podcast takes you hands-on with the user experience of virtual reality, with bonus photos and videos. In episode 12 we went in-depth on the design principles of augmented, virtual and mixed reality with Greg Taylor of Tigerspike. When Greg took delivery of his HTC Vive – arguably the most immersive virtual reality experience available to consumers today – he invited Design Talk hosts Marek Pawlowski and Alex Guest to spend an afternoon exploring it in Tigerspike’s London studio. The podcast recounts first-hand impressions of the Vive and expands into a discussion of how this new form of digital experience might change design agency strategy and individual practitioner skills.
On this edition
- Marek Pawlowski, co-host & founder of MEX (@marekpawlowski)
- Alex Guest, co-host & CEO of Zingy.life (@alexguest)
- Greg Taylor, General Manager, Tigerspike Next (@greg_taylor)
- Episode 12 of MEX Design Talk with Greg Taylor on augmented, virtual and mixed reality
- HTC Vive
- Tigerspike, our hosts for the Vive experience
- Tigerspike Next, the agency’s lab led by Greg
- ‘Should I care about virtual reality?’, Greg’s article on the significance of these developments
About MEX Design Talk & how to get in touch
The podcast for the MEX community, interviewing UX pioneers, exploring emerging technologies, user behaviour and how to design better digital experiences.
- Archive of previous MEX Design Talk episodes
- Subscribe for future editions by searching ‘MEX Design Talk’ in your favourite podcast player. We’re also on iTunes and SoundCloud. For the old school, here’s our RSS feed
- If you enjoy MEX Design Talk, please help others discover the podcast by giving us a 5 star rating and a review on iTunes
- Get in touch with feedback and questions @mexfeed on Twitter or email email@example.com.
- MEX events
- MEX journal
- Jukedeck, for the artificial intelligence engine which provided the music