The healthcare and pharmaceutical industries are increasing their investment in digital experience design at a key moment in their wider transformation. With experimental new business models such as payment based on patient outcomes rather than product volumes, digital services are being trialed for both patient health tracking and as a form of direct treatment. Rob Graham, Global Head of UX at the pharmaceutical giant AstraZeneca, and someone who has led user experience departments in large telcos and retailers, sat down with Marek Pawlowski at the MEX/16 conference to record a live interview and audience discussion for the podcast. The conversation ranges from the challenges of user experience research in heavily regulated markets like healthcare to Rob’s career motivations.
On this edition
- Marek Pawlowski, co-host & founder of MEX (@marekpawlowski)
- Rob Graham, Global Head of User Experience, AstraZeneca
- AstraZeneca’s clinical trial of a connected inhaler product
- Summary of other talks at the MEX/16 conference
About MEX Design Talk & how to get in touch
The podcast for the MEX community, interviewing UX pioneers, exploring emerging technologies, user behaviour and how to design better digital experiences.
- Archive of previous MEX Design Talk episodes
- Subscribe for future editions by searching ‘MEX Design Talk’ in your favourite podcast player. We’re also on iTunes and SoundCloud. For the old school, here’s our RSS feed
- If you enjoy MEX Design Talk, please help others discover the podcast by giving us a 5 star rating and a review on iTunes
- Get in touch with feedback and questions @mexfeed on Twitter or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- MEX events
- MEX journal
- Jukedeck, for the artificial intelligence engine which provided the music