Louise Oakham’s career in experience design has ranged from leading in-house departments for large companies to specialising as a freelance independent practitioner. After being inspired by her talk on international user research techniques, MEX founder Marek Pawlowski sat down for a chat with Louise to hear about her tools and insights. Their discussion ranges from Louise’s early interests in curation and museums to the opportunities for improving UX in the corporate environment. Get in touch with feedback and questions @mexfeed on Twitter or email email@example.com.
- Apple Podcasts
- Or search ‘MEX Design Talk’ in your favourite podcast player
On this edition
- Marek Pawlowski, co-host & founder of MEX (@marekpawlowski)
- Louise Oakham, user experience designer (@looley)
- MEX Jobs Board
- The SyncNorwich event where Louise gave her talk on international user experience
- Aviva, where Louise worked on international UX projects
- The British Council, where Louise had the opportunity to do extensive international UX research
- The article on the importance of accessibility work by Jennifer Sutton, mentioned by Louise
- Leisa Reichelt’s article on guerilla empathy, mentioned by Louise
- Neil Milliken, head of accessibility and inclusion at Atos, on a previous episode of the MEX podcast
- The University of Southhampton’s work on nostalgia. Marek was introduced to this by Nathan Konty’s blog post at Signal versus Noise.
- Marek Pawlowski and Alex Guest discussing how MEX uses Basecamp in a previous episode of the podcast
- Thoughts on skeuomorphism in reference to changes in iOS design language
About MEX Design Talk & how to get in touch
The podcast for the MEX community, interviewing UX pioneers, exploring emerging technologies, user behaviour and how to design better digital experiences.
- Archive of previous MEX Design Talk episodes
- Subscribe for future editions by searching ‘MEX Design Talk’ in your favourite podcast player. We’re also on Apple Podcasts, SoundCloud, Stitcher and TuneIn. For the old school, here’s our RSS feed
- If you enjoy MEX Design Talk, please help others discover the podcast by giving us a 5 star rating and a review on Apple Podcasts
- Get in touch with feedback and questions @mexfeed on Twitter or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- MEX events
- MEX journal
- MEX Jobs Board
- Jukedeck, for the artificial intelligence engine which provided the music