Tim Burrell-Saward is working at the frontier of experience design, where the digital and physical dimensions combine in surprising, delightful ways. In this conversation with MEX founder Marek Pawlowski, Tim talks about his journey from lighting design and architecture to working at start-up company Sensible Object on a fascinating multi-touchpoint game called Beasts of Balance. The discussion ranges from the democratisation of hardware prototyping to the challenges of user research in hybrid digital / physical experiences. Get in touch with feedback and questions @mexfeed on Twitter or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Apple Podcasts
- Or search ‘MEX Design Talk’ in your favourite podcast player
On this edition
- Marek Pawlowski, co-host & founder of MEX (@marekpawlowski)
- Tim Burrell-Saward, Lead Designer, Sensible Object (@tburrellsaward)
- MEX Jobs Board
- Beasts of Balance, the multi-touchpoint game Tim is working on
- Video showing Beasts of Balance in action
- Sensible Object, the company where Tim works and behind the Beasts of Balance game
- Copenhagen Institute of Interaction Design, where Tim studied
- Arduino, mentioned by Tim as an example of how hardware prototyping became more accessible
- Makerversity, the London facility where Sensible Object is based
- Super Mario Bros Level 1-1, mentioned by Tim as an example of great instructional UX
About MEX Design Talk & how to get in touch
The podcast for the MEX community, interviewing UX pioneers, exploring emerging technologies, user behaviour and how to design better digital experiences.
- Archive of previous MEX Design Talk episodes
- Subscribe for future editions by searching ‘MEX Design Talk’ in your favourite podcast player. We’re also on Apple Podcasts, SoundCloud, Stitcher and TuneIn. For the old school, here’s our RSS feed
- If you enjoy MEX Design Talk, please help others discover the podcast by giving us a 5 star rating and a review on Apple Podcasts
- Get in touch with feedback and questions @mexfeed on Twitter or email email@example.com.
- MEX events
- MEX journal
- MEX Jobs Board
- Jukedeck, for the artificial intelligence engine which provided the music