Just how significant are the user experience changes in iPhone X and what hints do they give us about the future of mobile innovation? Steve Litchfield, technology journalist and one of the world’s most experienced reviewers of smartphones, shares his hands-on impressions of Apple’s flagship with MEX founder Marek Pawlowski. Drawing on his experiences reviewing more than 200 mobile devices, Steve places iPhone X in the context of 20+ years of touchscreen interfaces. The conversation expands to discuss other pioneering mobile OS which may have ‘inspired’ some of Apple’s new UX and Steve’s thoughts on the future of mobile devices as creative tools. Get in touch with feedback and questions @mexfeed on Twitter or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Apple Podcasts
- Or search ‘MEX Design Talk’ in your favourite podcast player
On this edition
- Marek Pawlowski, co-host & founder of MEX (@marekpawlowski)
- Steve Litchfield, producer, The Phones Show (@stevelitchfield); also writes for All About Windows Phone, Android Beat and iPhone Hacks, as well as numerous podcasts.
- MEX Jobs Board – who’s hiring in UX, digital and design?
- ‘Caffeine, sugar & design’ is our MEX meet-up in New York City on November 21st 2017 at 9am. Get in touch if you’d like an invite – it’s free to attend and will be a relaxed coffee morning talking about experience design with fellow pioneers.
- Steve’s iPhone X versus Pixel 2 video review
- Steve’s in-depth article on iPhone X for iPhone Hacks
- Psion Series 3
- Psion Series 5
- Palm PDAs
- Steve’s archive of Nokia Symbian devices
- iPhone X
- PDAir belt holster cases
- Blackberry OS 10 and Marek’s article / video on some of its interaction design elements
- Meego on the Nokia N9
- Apple’s 3D Touch
- Marek’s article on Palm’s WebOS
- Palm Treo 650
- HTC XDA2
- Marek’s 2007 article on the launch of the original iPhone
- Nokia N95
- Universal Windows Platform applications (UWPs)
- Rumours of a ‘Surface Mobile’ device from Microsoft
- Steve’s first look at the Razer phone
- Steve’s in-depth head-to-head of the iPhone X and Lumia 950 cameras
- Google’s HDR Plus
- Steve’s Christmas 2016 top 5 smartphones. What will make the list in 2017?
About MEX Design Talk & how to get in touch
The podcast for the MEX community, interviewing UX pioneers, exploring emerging technologies, user behaviour and how to design better digital experiences.
- Archive of previous MEX Design Talk episodes
- Subscribe for future editions by searching ‘MEX Design Talk’ in your favourite podcast player. We’re also on Apple Podcasts, SoundCloud, Stitcher and TuneIn. For the old school, here’s our RSS feed
- If you enjoy MEX Design Talk, please help others discover the podcast by giving us a 5 star rating and a review on Apple Podcasts
- Get in touch with feedback and questions @mexfeed on Twitter or email email@example.com.
- MEX events
- MEX journal
- MEX Jobs Board
- Jukedeck, for the artificial intelligence engine which provided the music