Maarten Pieters talks to MEX founder Marek Pawlowski about his work driving co-creation design activities at Philips Lighting, one of the pioneers of smart home devices like the Hue lighting system. Maarten has also literally written the book – along with his co-author Stephanie Jansen – on how to succeed with co-creative approaches. He discusses his career path starting as an innovation consultant, discovering co-creation, founding an independent agency and most recently going in-house at one of Europe’s big technology companies. Get in touch with feedback and questions @mexfeed on Twitter or email email@example.com.
- Apple Podcasts
- Or search ‘MEX Design Talk’ in your favourite podcast player
On this edition
- Marek Pawlowski, co-host & founder of MEX (@marekpawlowski)
- Maarten Pieters, Head of Co-Creation and People Insight, Philips Lighting (@_MaartenPieters)
- MEX Jobs Board – who’s hiring in UX, digital and design?
- Our next MEX dining club will be in London on 13th March 2018. Get in touch if you’d like an invite – it’s a relaxed dinner talking about experience design with fellow pioneers.
- The 7 Principles of Complete Co-Creation
- Stephanie Jansen, co-author of the book
- The CoCreators, the agency founded by Maarten and Stephanie
- Philips Lighting, where Maarten works as Head of Co-Creation and People Insights
- Philips Hue, the smart lighting system mentioned by Maarten as an example of co-creation
- Jonathan Margolis writing for the FT How to Spent It Technopolis section on Jura coffee machines, mentioned by Marek as an example of pro-level experience design
About MEX Design Talk & how to get in touch
The podcast for the MEX community, interviewing UX pioneers, exploring emerging technologies, user behaviour and how to design better digital experiences.
- Archive of previous MEX Design Talk episodes
- Subscribe for future editions by searching ‘MEX Design Talk’ in your favourite podcast player. We’re also on Apple Podcasts, SoundCloud, Stitcher and TuneIn. For the old school, here’s our RSS feed
- If you enjoy MEX Design Talk, please help others discover the podcast by giving us a 5 star rating and a review on Apple Podcasts
- Get in touch with feedback and questions @mexfeed on Twitter or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- MEX events
- MEX journal
- MEX Jobs Board
- Jukedeck, for the artificial intelligence engine which provided the music