Design Talk 45. Mobile context; Eric Kim, VP Design & co-founder, Modo Labs
Eric Kim, VP of Design and co-founder at Modo Labs, talks to MEX founder Marek Pawlowski about the challenges of growing a design team within a mobile UX-focused start-up. The conversation roams from Eric’s early interest in architecture and how things work, then into graphic design and on to working with early web technologies. The discussion turns to Eric’s role as a co-founder with a design background and how this has played an important part in shaping the culture of the company. Get in touch with feedback and questions @mexfeed on Twitter or email email@example.com.
- Apple Podcasts
- Or search ‘MEX Design Talk’ in your favourite podcast player
On this edition
- Marek Pawlowski, co-host & founder of MEX (@marekpawlowski)
- Eric Kim, co-founder and VP of Design, Modo Labs (@huafi)
- MEX Jobs Board – who’s hiring in UX, digital and design?
- Our next MEX dining club is in London on 13th March 2018. Get in touch if you’d like an invite – it’s a relaxed dinner talking about experience design with fellow pioneers.
- Modo Labs
- The background story of Modo Labs’ emergence from the MIT Mobile Framework team in 2007
- Andrew Yu, Modo Labs co-founder
- Discussion with Tim Burrell-Saward about the links between architecture and digital design in Episode 38 of MEX Design Talk
- Talking about pattern languages in architecture and digital design with Kwame Nyanning in episode 33 of MEX Design Talk
- The Pattern Lab project, mentioned by Eric
- The Kurogo Conference, organised by Modo Labs
- The MEX User Stories series with tales of digital experience in real life
- Palm WebOS, Matias Duarte and the story of how it inspires many of the mobile UX features we see today in iOS and Android
- Antisocial technology, Marek’s article about the use of iPads in Newark airport
About MEX Design Talk & how to get in touch
The podcast for the MEX community, interviewing UX pioneers, exploring emerging technologies, user behaviour and how to design better digital experiences.
- Archive of previous MEX Design Talk episodes
- Subscribe for future editions by searching ‘MEX Design Talk’ in your favourite podcast player. We’re also on Apple Podcasts, SoundCloud, Stitcher and TuneIn. For the old school, here’s our RSS feed
- If you enjoy MEX Design Talk, please help others discover the podcast by giving us a 5 star rating and a review on Apple Podcasts
- Get in touch with feedback and questions @mexfeed on Twitter or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- MEX events
- MEX journal
- MEX Jobs Board
- Jukedeck, for the artificial intelligence engine which provided the music
+ There are no commentsAdd yours