What does innovation look like at a 300 year old paint and materials company with 40,000 employees? Massimo Mercuri, Director of Digital Innovation at AkzoNobel, sits down for a chat with MEX founder Marek Pawlowski, exploring everything from creative workshop methods to cutting edge experiments with wearables, biometrics and performance analysis on the high seas. Crucially, they talk about how to keep forward thinking activities grounded in the reality of customers’ lives and the role of diverse teams in making it all happen – fast and at scale. Get in touch with feedback and questions @mexfeed on Twitter or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Apple Podcasts
- Or search ‘MEX Design Talk’ in your favourite podcast player
On this edition
- Marek Pawlowski, co-host & founder of MEX (@marekpawlowski)
- Massimo Mercuri, Director of Digital Innovation, AkzoNobel (@MassimoMercuri)
- MEX Jobs Board – who’s hiring in UX, digital and design?
- Our next MEX dining club is in London on 21st June 2018. Get in touch if you’d like an invite – it’s a relaxed dinner talking about experience design with fellow pioneers.
- SCImPULSE, Massimo’s non-profit foundation
- VPL Research
- John Lasseter, Pixar
- Wearables from Team AkzoNobel in the Volvo Ocean Race
- SAP Leonardo
- AkzoNobel Visualizer app
- Patrizia Bertini
- Lego Serious Play
- Marek’s essay on participating in a Lego Serious Play session for the first time
- Video of Patrizia’s MEX session, where she runs a Lego Serious Play workshop and explains the method
- Episode 1 of the MEX podcast, an interview with Patrizia Bertini
About MEX Design Talk & how to get in touch
The podcast for the MEX community, interviewing UX pioneers, exploring emerging technologies, user behaviour and how to design better digital experiences.
- Archive of previous MEX Design Talk episodes
- Subscribe for future editions by searching ‘MEX Design Talk’ in your favourite podcast player. We’re also on Apple Podcasts, SoundCloud, Stitcher and TuneIn. For the old school, here’s our RSS feed
- If you enjoy MEX Design Talk, please help others discover the podcast by giving us a 5 star rating and a review on Apple Podcasts
- Get in touch with feedback and questions @mexfeed on Twitter or email email@example.com.
- MEX events
- MEX journal
- MEX Jobs Board
- Jukedeck, for the artificial intelligence engine which provided the music