Dr. Mike Short CBE, VP of Public Affairs at Telefonica, is interviewed by Marek Pawlowski and we catch-up on the latest happenings in the MEX community, from robot and IoT design principles to welcoming a new MEX/16 patron.
On this edition
- Marek Pawlowski, co-host & founder of MEX (@marekpawlowski)
- Dr. Mike Short CBE, VP of Public Affairs, Telefonica (@telefonica)
- Co-host Alex Guest returns in the next edition (@alexguest)
Latest from the MEX Community
- Delighted to welcome Tribal Worldwide as a new patron of MEX/16. Jonathan Lovatt-Young, Head of Service and Experience Design, is speaking at MEX/16 on strategies for managing user interruptions.
- We published 5 principles for the user experience of robots, connected objects and IoT. The findings emerged from a team facilitated by Louisa Heinrich at MEX/15 and build on her interview in episode 5 of MEX Design Talk.
Interview: Dr. Mike Short CBE, VP of Public Affairs, Telefonica
Mike Short’s career in mobile stretches from the deployment of the first consumer networks in the UK to his continuing efforts at the cutting edge of digital industry. He was awarded the CBE in 2012 for services to the mobile telecoms industry and has served as chairman of the GSM Association, Mobile Data Association and President of the IET. His influence played a key role in ensuring a broad view of the term ‘user experience’ in the early days of the MEX initiative. In this interview with Marek Pawlowski, he talks about his evolving views on design, links with academia and new challenges as digital intersects with healthcare, automotive and wearables.
About MEX Design Talk
The podcast for the MEX community, interviewing UX pioneers, exploring emerging technologies, user behaviour and how to design better digital experiences.
- Subscribe for future editions by searching ‘MEX Design Talk’ in your favourite podcast player. We’re also on iTunes and SoundCloud. For the old school, here’s our RSS feed
- If you enjoy MEX Design Talk, please help others discover the podcast by giving us a 5 star rating and a review on iTunes
- Get in touch with feedback and questions @mexfeed on Twitter
- MEX events
- MEX journal
- Jukedeck, for the artificial intelligence engine which provided the music