Design Talk 77. Paul Campbell, Chief Product Officer, Centaur Robotics
Paul Campbell, a former chief designer at Ford, is now re-imagining the wheelchair at Centaur Robotics. In this conversation with MEX founder Marek Pawlowski, he shares the life experiences and human-centred insights which have shaped Centaur’s new approach to personal, connected mobility. The discussion also explores Paul’s deep experience of car design and design studio culture, going right back to the early inspirations which have continued to shape Paul’s approach to realising new products.
It’s great to hear from listeners! You can get in touch with feedback, questions, guest suggestions or anything else @mexfeed on Twitter or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Apple Podcasts
- Or search ‘MEX Design Talk’ in your favourite podcast player
On this edition
- Paul Campbell, Chief Product Officer, Centaur Robotics (@centaurrobotics)
- Marek Pawlowski, podcast host & founder, MEX (@marekpawlowski)
- Centaur’s chair, described as a ‘personal electric vehicle designed to challenge the norm’.
- Stingray, a TV programme mentioned by Paul as an early design influence.
- A 2012 interview with Paul discussing his design on the Transit, one of the vehicles he worked on at Ford.
- Zeiss, one of the companies supplying the measuring systems supporting clay modelling in car design studios, mentioned by Paul.
- Shima Seiki, the knitting machine company mentioned by Paul, which went on to supply technology to Ford early in the digitisation of the design studios.
About MEX Design Talk & how to get in touch
The podcast for the MEX community, interviewing UX pioneers, exploring emerging technologies, user behaviour and how to design better digital experiences.
- Archive of previous MEX Design Talk episodes
- Subscribe for future editions by searching ‘MEX Design Talk’ in your favourite podcast player. We’re also on Apple Podcasts, SoundCloud, Spotify, Stitcher and TuneIn. For the old school, here’s our RSS feed
- If you enjoy MEX Design Talk, please help others discover the podcast by giving us a 5 star rating and a review on Apple Podcasts
- Get in touch with feedback and questions @mexfeed on Twitter or email email@example.com.
- MEX events
- MEX journal
+ There are no commentsAdd yours