Hi there. We’re Zipcar, the world’s leading car-sharing network, driven to make cities better places to live.
Since 2000, we’ve worked hard to turn a brilliant and disruptive idea into a movement that serves more than a million members worldwide. We’re keeping the pedal to the metal and growing every day. That’s why we need talented, passionate people with great ideas to join the Zipcar family.
Want to work for a company that is shaping the future of urban mobility? Ready to join a dynamic, playful, diverse, and respectful company that’s seriously changing the world? Then apply! To learn more, visit zipcar.com or zipcar.com/careers.
- Lead Zipcar’s UX design and research practice, overseeing and directing all UX and UI design work across our member website, mobile applications (iOS and Android), and internal systems used by our fleet management and support teams to manage our operations.
- Manage a team of designers and researchers, providing coaching and development and guiding planning, prioritization, and stakeholder management.
- Formalize the role of design in our agile processes and guide the team to develop best practices and ensure a high bar of quality.
- Standardize our research toolkit, roadmap, deliverables, and prioritization frameworks.
- Establish operating mechanisms to engage the organization in our design efforts and provide transparency to goals, research, design principles, assets, and outcomes.
- Be an advocate for design thinking across the Zipcar organization, making product design a competitive advantage and delivering better business outcomes through user experience.
- Ensure strong partnerships and interfaces between design, product, and engineering.
- Act as hands-on designer in support of the team during periods of high demand.
- Over 10 years as both UX and UI design practitioner and team manager.
- Track record of building and developing design and research teams.
- High emotional quotient and ability to nurture healthy team dynamics and cross functional linkages.
- Strong business acumen and ability to balance customer and business goals.
- Advocacy for design thinking, possessing a strong framework and point of view.
- Robust user research toolkit and point of view on application to the design process.
- Leverages a balance of qualitative and qualitative insights to make design decisions.
- Experience applying A/B testing and institutionalizing learnings into best practices.
- Experience developing and applying personas to guide the design process.
- Structured partnership philosophy with point of view on UX stakeholder management routines.
- Possesses clear usability mindset and heuristics.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in design applications such as Sketch, InVision, Adobe Creative Suite.
As a member of the Zipcar Team you get a great benefits package including health and dental insurance, 401k, vacation time, paid holidays, personal and sick leave, along with a full complement of other insurance and support programs.
Because our work has a global impact, we enthusiastically support each employee’s commitment to creating a better world by offering:
- Free Zipcar membership & discounted driving rates for you and your significant other
• Paid volunteer time off
• Bicycle commuter reimbursement
• Paid parental leave for mothers & fathers
• Training and development programs To accelerate career growth
• Global footprint of job locations and opportunities
• Flexible and open work arrangements
• Fun, respectful, passionate, and collaborative environment
• Educational Assistance Program
• Company sponsored parties, outings, and events
• Discounts on a variety of products and services through Zipcar partners
Zipcar is an EEO Employer
To all recruitment agencies: Zipcar does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Zipcar employees or any other company location. Zipcar is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://careers.zipcar.com/vacancy/director-user-experience-design--research-15564/15582/description/ →