We’re Away. We make thoughtful objects for modern travel. For us, getting Away means getting more out of every trip to come.
We’re looking for a Director of UX and Visual Design to lead and grow our multi-platform digital user experience. This person is responsible for developing user-focused strategy and design in partnership with the full Creative team, Digital Product, Engineering, and key stakeholders within the company. The Director, UX & Visual Design operates at a leadership level across creative and experience and actively looks for innovative and impactful ways to push the brand forward. This role is equal parts visual design and UX design, ideal for someone who has a strong understanding of both form and function.
The ideal candidate understands the importance of working cross-functionally, thrives in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, exemplifies what it is to be a leader and possesses strong management skills.
What you’ll do:
- Evolve, own and iterate on a cohesive, componentized, digital design system that will ensure our approach to UX grows with Away and sets the industry standard for best-in-class.
- Facilitate data and customer research–driven design strategies and product decision making while continually looking for ways to improve and optimize—inclusive of user testing and interviews.
- Work closely with full Creative team, Digital Product, and Engineering teams to concept and execute large-scale and multi-platform creative e-commerce and editorial campaigns for partnerships, product launches and more––while ensuring digital components align with overall campaign.
- Ideate, strategize, wireframe and design all feature launches and emails in close collaboration with Engineering, Product Management, Data/Analytics, and other key stakeholders to ensure all updates and new additions align with brand and business goals.
- Align the digital design and experience with company-wide business initiatives by actively working with key stakeholders throughout Away.
- Proactively communicate with other teams and foster cross-functional collaboration that encourages an open dialogue and helps us align on thoughtfully considered decisions.
- Prepare for and engage in relevant meetings to ensure all aspects of digital design are being properly represented and considered alongside other departments and functions.
- Build, manage growing team while overseeing all digital design and UX projects—such as website, landing pages, emails and more.
- Lead, coach and motivate your team to create and deliver truly remarkable, influential and impactful work that’s in line with Away’s core values.
- Take an active role in the professional growth of your team, ensuring they have the resources and opportunity to expand their skills
- Attract and recruit exceptional talent to continue expanding your teams bandwidth, skill set and expertise.
Who you are:
- 7-10 years experience in e-commerce UX and visual design, with startup and/or agency experience (with innovative brands).
- A compelling portfolio of distinctive work that elevates a brand’s digital design experience.
- Extensive knowledge of UX best practices and strong understanding of large, complex systems of interactions.
- Deep knowledge of customer research techniques, including personas, user stories, user journey maps, customer interviews, and surveys.
- The energy and drive to push boundaries and deliver the best design in the industry—we’re not interested in the status quo.
- Patient, flexible and willing to work through unexpected changes or constraints.
- Ability to work effectively and clearly communicate with different departments, managers and key stakeholders throughout the company.
- Exceptional attention to detail and commitment to producing error-free work.
- Experience building and managing a growing a team with varying levels of experience.
- Expert in Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and Sketch. Bonus points for experience with InVision, Zeplin and/or After Effects.
- Competitive salary + equity
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Fitness reimbursement
- Quarterly company outings
- Annual international team trips
Away (awaytravel.com) is modernizing the travel experience, beginning with your luggage, while striving to set the example for how socially conscious companies should conduct themselves. In November 2015, we launched our brand in Vogue, GQ, and USA Today, and have been featured in over 80 publications including New York Magazine, Travel + Leisure, and Wallpaper*. Away was founded by two Warby Parker alums and has raised $31M in venture funding from investors including Global Founders Capital, Forerunner Ventures, and Accel Partners.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://boards.greenhouse.io/away/jobs/988579#.Wnt4SmacY1I →