Help us shape the future of banking.
The Avaloq group is an internationally leading Fintech company. Avaloq is the only independent provider for the financial industry to both develop and operate its own software. Headquartered in Switzerland and with branches in the most demanding financial centres worldwide, the company employs more than 2,200 highly qualified banking and IT specialists and has a global customer base of more than 155 financial institutions.
You lead the central UX team of 5 people in Zurich, Edinburgh, and Manila and the UX specialists in the development teams.
- Providing strong leadership regarding user interaction and design topics across all disciplines and levels in the firm
- Establishing a strong collaboration with product owners, domain experts, architects and engineers in the areas of user interaction and design
- Working with clients, bank executives and senior stakeholders and executives to identify and prioritize improvements
- Own the overall user experience and create a consistent experience across a family of products
- As-Is analysis and redesign of our existing software assets where necessary to reflect state of the art user interaction patterns and designs along the defined personas
- Define and deliver user experience best practice principles and standardization across our software assets to drive a client / user driven approach to Design and Development
- Building, leading, and growing a highly collaborative team of visual designers, interaction designers and UX researchers
- Acting as the thought leader of the UX department, having excellent leadership and mentoring skills to move the team towards a unified vision
- Providing guidance and advice in the performance of junior UX functions
- Develop hands-on designs through wire-framing
- Build a design pattern library to leverage repeatable UX and code
- University degree in a related area
Professional requirements & skills
- 8+ years of experience in leading Software User Experience, User Interface/ IA and Design
- Very strong experience of customer-centric UX design and Information Architecture best practice and methodologies
- Experience in financial services and good knowledge of banking processes and operations
- Experience in leading and managing user experience practitioners
- Experience in delivering customer-driven journeys across a range of digital channels – desktop, mobile, app
- Skilled in user understanding, identifying target users and their needs through research e.g. interviews, ethnographic research, contextual enquiry
- Demonstrated ability to lead the design of large, complex systems and database interfaces
- You speak fluent English; German is a plus
- You love developing simple but elegant approaches to complex design problems
- You are a proven and recognized thought leader in at least one of the following domains: product design, private banking / wealth management, SaaS/ BPO for Banks, commerce, mobile, SW branding, retail, and social media a plus
- You are a team player with excellent communication and presentation skills
Main place of work
Avaloq Evolution AG
To apply for this job please visit recruitingapp-2589.umantis.com.