Website Toyota Connected
Toyota Connected wants to create a better world through connected mobility. We are a new company created to bring big data and cloud intelligence into all aspects of the mobility experience so that driving is more personal, convenient, fun and safe. We create and enable technologies that delight and simplify the lives of those who use our products and empower them to think of and use their vehicle in new ways.
You will be joining us at the beginning of Toyota Connected’s journey of building our team and products. We want to build a team that wants to inspire, innovate and build technologies and products that are used by millions of people every day. We want every member of our team to live and breathe the start-up culture of Toyota Connected and feel and act like an owner everyday. This is an opportunity to have an immediate impact and voice: what you create today, you will see being used tomorrow.
About the Role
As a Senior UX Designer, you will lead the strategic and visual design of large-scale, distributed software applications, systems and services. You will be responsible for designing global-scale applications and services that will enable users to engage with their vehicles in never-before-seen ways.
What You will Do
- Work side-by-side with a talented team of mobile and front-end developers to build world-class applications and services.
- Work as part of a team-oriented, Agile software engineering environment
- Own delivery of features from top to bottom, from concept to design to development handoff
- Participate in designing a visual system that will enable rapid and scalable application design in the future.
- Participate in the larger design community including conferences, open source contribution, UX writing, etc.
- Thrive as an independent, autonomous, creative thinker that can break out from conventional solutions
- Work closely with product owners to shape and deliver features to customers
- Production experience with complex web and native applications
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, user flows, process flows and site maps
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong grasp of design decisions across multiple platforms and screen sizes
- Experience working closely with front-end and mobile developers
- A user-first approach to design thinking
- Ability to explain your thoughts on usability, engagement, business / user needs and effectiveness and help grow the skillsets of other designers
Nice to Have
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience working in Sketch and illustration capability
- Background in product design
Equal Opportunities, Diversity & Inclusion
Toyota Connected is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business. Every role is open to all sections of society and we are committed to providing equal opportunities to all. If you have a disability or any other additional need that requires consideration, accommodation or adjustment to the role or recruitment process, please do let us know. Don’t check every box on the list but are you interested in working for us? Please apply, we would still love to hear from you!
To apply for this job please visit jobs-toyotaconnected.icims.com.