Who are we?
We are on a mission to put accessible and affordable healthcare in the hands of every person on earth.
To achieve this, we’ve brought together one of the largest teams of scientists, clinicians, mathematicians and engineers to focus on combining the ever growing computing power of machines with the best medical expertise of humans to create a comprehensive, immediate and personalised health service and make it universally available.
babylon was included in WIRED’s 2016 Top 100 Hottest Startups in Europe and CB Insights 2017 Global ‘AI 100’ list. Fortune Magazine included babylon in their 2017 list of ‘50 Companies Leading the AI Revolution’, the only listed company using AI in healthcare delivery.
At babylon our people aren’t just part of a team, they’re part of something bigger. We’re a vibrant community of creative thinkers and doers, forging the way for a new generation of healthcare.
We’re only as good as our people. So finding the best people is everything to us. We serve millions, but we choose our people one at a time…
What do we want?
We are looking for an experienced User Researcher with an appetite to sit at the forefront of defining how AI can augment clinicians to improve medical care and healthier communities.
You will execute meaty research problems and help define the future of how babylon designs and develops products including the orchestration of virtual and physical services, defining best practices for conversational UI in symptom and diagnosis, and how we expand our services into globally into developed and developing nations.
You will run your own User Research embedded in a cross-functional team, but also have the skills and passion to proactively support other team members as and when needed.
Who fits the role?
- You have at least five years experience leading User Research to aid product development in fast-paced agile cross-functional teams.
- You are able to establish rapport with a wide variety of colleagues and are an eager advocate of User Research.
- You love giving and receiving honest, thoughtful feedback.
- You are able to communicate research effectively, regardless of audience.
- Familiarity with quantitative research methods, an understanding of metrics and A/B testing, and willingness to integrate quantitative data with qualitative user research.- You have experience evangelising User Research within a growing organisation.
- You have a wide-reaching understanding of methods and psychological principles that you are confident in applying.
- Likely have a degree in Human/Computer Interaction, UX Research, Psychology, Social Science, Anthropology or a related field
What matters most?
- Contribute towards a toolkit for strategic and tactical research for product development.
- Flexibly and accurately deploy a number of research methods to understand different user groups
- Execute a collaborative research process end-to-end including participant recruitment, creating prototypes and stimuli, and turning insights into actions for product development
- Create compelling and actionable research deliverables and insights which inspire empathy and drive both pragmatic and innovative solutions
- Understand and take into account technical and business requirements when running research, including helping articulate how research is prioritised by the team
- Analyse and integrate app analytics, surveys, market research and other quantitative research data as relevant
- Actively shape how we work together and build products
- Facilitate brainstorms and working sessions with cross-disciplinary teams.
- A passion to build a product that serves humanity
- The interest and energy to be a User Research evangelist!
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.