Website Thomsons Online Benefits
In the conservative world of HR, we like to think differently: starting with the brand, continuing with the technology and finishing off with original and ground-breaking designs. Contrary to most of our competitors, we have a very solid technical foundation that gives us the opportunity to build better products and focus resources in creating experiences to delight our clients rather than just meet their needs.
If you are passionate about great design, privilege substance over form, are pragmatic and aspirational at the same time, strive to find simple solutions to complex tasks and can wrap it all up in a beautiful design that delights clients, you should definitely talk to us.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Product experience design life cycle (from concept to detailed specification to implementation) which includes: user research, personas definition, user testing, information architecture, concept generation, prototyping and detailed design; all within a user cantered framework
- Help define the UX strategy and user stories with the Product Managers
- Defining, producing and implementing the designs for a highly efficient and emotionally engaging UX within the delivery team made up of Software Engineers, product managers and BAs
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A PINK PERSON WITH:
- Ability to think outside the box and a drive to solve complex problems.
- Be a team player and be able to work independently; making confident recommendations.
- Use humour, creativity, and positive energy to maintain personal and team momentum.
- Be comfortable with leading conversations with small or larger groups of individuals to support the design process and evangelise the output of it.
- Be able to quickly iterate designs, test them and roll changes back in to designs and products
- Have excellent communication skills; verbally and written.
- Demonstrable understanding of interaction and visual design principles.
- Solid understanding of Agile UX design and software development methodology
- Proficiency with core design tools (e.g. Sketch, InVision,) and the desire to learn new ones as they come along
- Experience with responsive design tools and technologies.
- Fluent in spoken and excellent in written English
- Understanding of web and mobile technologies, specifically the UX capabilities of leading platforms.
- Have experience in both B2B and B2C environments
- Have an interest in continually improving our agile delivery methodologies and bringing individuals, across disciplines, together.
- Proficiency in prototyping tools in order to facilitate early user feedback, communicate design direction and engage stakeholders in the decision making process.
- BA/BSc in Interaction/Industrial Design, Graphic Design, Computer Science, Psychology, or related field.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT FROM US:
- Being a part of a global and successful, but still fast growing company.
- An open, fail-friendly and fun environment.
We reward our people for living our values and contributing to our business through a variety of benefits and perks:
- Birthday day off.
- Yoga, Zumba and fitness classes with a personal trainer
- Free fruit in every office – yes, we all love cake – and there are many talented Thomsons bakers –but we want to encourage you towards your 5-a-day too!
- Matching charity contributions, charity days off and Pay it Forward charity challenges
- A spending account for you to spend on the things you decide are important
- Pension, Life and medical insurance
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.thomsons.com/about-us/careers/ux-designer-1/ →