The MEX Blog may have been a little quiet recently but, behind the scenes, we’ve been working non-stop on a very special edition of the next MEX mobile user experience event.
On 4th – 5th May, we return to Wallacespace in London for the 9th international MEX, bringing together our most diverse and inspiring group of participants to-date: 100 of the deepest thinkers and brightest minds, from across numerous industries, united in creating new ideas for the future of mobile user experience.
I’m also delighted to welcome 3 leading MEX Pathway sponsors: the ICT KTN, Idean and Immersion, as well as Mobiwire as a supporting sponsor. I’ll be introducing the MEX community to all of them over the next few weeks.
We put together a little video to showcase what MEX is all about: you can find it on the MEX homepage.
The event explores 6 Pathways:
- #1. Define more efficient user experience techniques for an age of network austerity
- #2. Research the implications of multiple displays and inputs within a single experience
- #4. Identify ways 3D input and output enrich the user experience
- #7. Express sustainable values in user experience
- #8. Inspire new forms of creative expression through mobile devices
- #9. Enhance the audible dimension of mobile user experience
A few of the speakers and facilitators you’ll hear from:
- Remy Bourganel, Head of User Experience, Orange Vallee
- Risto Lahdesmaki, Chairmain, Idean
- Ramona Liberoff, Executive Vice President of Marketing, Movirtu
- David Birnbaum, User Experience Strategist, Immersion
- Kirsti Lehitimaki, Independent User Experience Expert and former Head of User Experience at Elisa
- Louisa Heinrich, Director of Global Strategy, Fjord
- Peter Drescher, Independent Audio Expert, The Twittering Machine
- Jerome Nadel, Executive Vice President of User Experience, Mobiwire
- Mikko-Pekka Hanski, Co-Founder, Idean
- Christopher Browne, Senior Design Technologist, Fjord
- Tom Godber, CEO, Masabi
- Giles Colborne, Managing Director, CX Partners
- Andrew Muir Wood, Design Researcher, University of Cambridge
- Jason DaPonte, Managing Director, The Swarm and former Managing Editor of BBC Mobile
There are 4 ways to get involved:
- Register to participate – there are just a few places remaining (£1499 each).
- Apply for a MEX Scholarship – sponsored places for early stage start-ups, freelancers and academics, kindly supported by the ICT KTN.
- Inspirational speakers – there are 2 speaking opportunities remaining, 1 on the 3D Pathway and the other on the sustainability Pathway. If you’d like inspire the MEX community, please contact me direct to discuss.
- Sponsors – please contact me direct if you’d like to learn more about becoming a MEX sponsor.