I’m delighted to announce MEX is sponsoring a category at the Mobile Premier Awards for start-ups. The MPA in User Experience will recognise young companies at the cutting edge of user-centred innovation. The winner will receive a complimentary pass to attend the MEX Mobile User Experience Conference in London in May 2010.
The Awards will be announced at the Mobile Premier Awards in Barcelona on 15th February 2010, coinciding with the opening of the industry’s biggest annual gathering – Mobile World Congress.
The full details from the organisers are below…
The Mobile Premier Awards are the largest open and global startup competition in the mobile industry. The awards are the point of reference in startup premiers during the Mobile World Congress on February 15, 2010 in Barcelona and are organized in collaboration with some of the main networks in the industry.
There have already been more than 200 submissions for the Mobile Premier Awards. Participation is free and open to any startup with a mobile angle. To sign up entrants simply need to create their own company profile on dotopen.com and select the awards they want to compete in. Visit how to sign up for the mobile premier awards and how to create a good company profile. The deadline for entry is December 31st 2009.
The Mobile Premier Awards 2010 include the following awards:
* MPA in Innovation – The best grassroots startup innovation chosen by their peers
in partnership with MobileMonday
More than 75 MobileMonday chapters worldwide will nominate their local most innovative startup to compete in the innovation award. From these nominees an international jury of the most recognized mobile industry experts will select 20 finalists to come and pitch at the event in Barcelona in front of investors, operators, media companies, peer entrepreneurs, press and influential bloggers.
* MPA in Marketing – The best startup in Mobile Marketing
in partnership with the Mobile Marketing Association which will grant the winner:
- a free one year Regional (European) membership of the MMA valued at $2,500
- a speaking slot at a Mobile Marketing Forum in Europe during 2010
- some consulting free of charge from a global board member of the MMA (exact nature to be confirmed)
- a feature on the MMA website (www.mmaglobal.com) where including the post of a case study of the winner’s work
* MPA in Entertainment – The best startup in Mobile Entertainment
in partnership with the Mobile Entertainment Forum which will grant the winner a prize exceeding €3,000 in value, including:
- a free one year Associate Membership to the MEF
- a free pass to MeM 2010, MEF’s annual conference in Europe
- a free submission to the 2010 Meffys awards
- a featured post on the MEF blog
* MPA in User Experience – The best startup in Mobile User Experience
in partnership with MEX. The winner will receive:
- a free pass to attend the MEX Mobile User Experience Conference (http://pmn.co.uk/mex/) in London in May 2010. Valued at GBP 1499, the delegate pass provides an opportunity to work alongside 100 of the industry’s leading user experience strategists as they define the mobile UX agenda through 2 days of co-operative working.
* MPA in Social Change – The best startup using mobile for social change
in partnership with MobileActive.org
About the Mobile Premier Awards
The Mobile Premier Awards are the point of reference in startup premiers during the Mobile World Congress on February 15, 2010 in Barcelona and are organized in collaboration with some of the main networks in the industry including MobileMonday, Mobile Marketing Association (MMA), Mobile Entertainment Forum (MEF), MEX, MobileActive.org, Women 2.0 and the Women in Mobile Data Association.
More Mobile Premier Awards online
- Mobile Premier Awards RSS Feed
- Mobile Premier Awards on Twitter @mobilepremier
- Visit our Facebook Fan Page.