Design Talk 7: Timo Ahopelto, Lifeline Ventures, on start-up UX culture
Timo Ahopelto, founding partner at Lifeline Ventures, talks to Marek Pawlowski about start-up UX culture and developments in mobile, health and gaming. Lifeline Ventures raised a EUR 57m fund in February 2016 to invest specifically in these areas.
On this edition
- Marek Pawlowski, co-host & founder of MEX (@marekpawlowski)
- Timo Ahopelto, founding partner, Lifeline Ventures (@timomj)
- Co-host Alex Guest returns in the next edition (@alexguest)
Interview: Timo Ahopelto, founding partner, Lifeline Ventures
Timo Ahopelto’s investment portfolio at Lifeline Ventures focuses on mobile, health and gaming. Notable successes includes Moves, a personal activity tracker with a highly praised UI which was sold to Facebook, and Supercell, the Finnish gaming company. Timo himself built and sold CRF Health, a medical technology company. His strong personal interest in design has become a key part of his investment philosophy and the interview discusses the importance of embedding user-centred design approaches in start-up culture from the outset.
About MEX Design Talk
The podcast for the MEX community, interviewing UX pioneers, exploring emerging technologies, user behaviour and how to design better digital experiences.
- Subscribe for future editions by searching ‘MEX Design Talk’ in your favourite podcast player. We’re also on iTunes and SoundCloud. For the old school, here’s our RSS feed
- If you enjoy MEX Design Talk, please help others discover the podcast by giving us a 5 star rating and a review on iTunes
- Get in touch with feedback and questions @mexfeed on Twitter
- MEX events
- MEX journal
- Jukedeck, for the artificial intelligence engine which provided the music
+ There are no commentsAdd yours