As machines of all kinds become active participants in the economy, how will user experience strategy evolve to shape this new class of digital interactions? Kerstin Eichmann, managing director at Innogy Innovation, is working at the cutting edge of this challenge, helping one of Germany’s oldest and largest energy companies imagine the future role it could play in users’ lives. The conversation ranges from Kerstin’s thoughts on how autonomous machines may exchange value with each other to the role of human designers in influencing and incentivising good behaviour among these new economic participants. She also discusses her earlier journey to becoming Head of UX at Fidor Bank, one of the pioneers of next generation financial services. Get in touch with feedback and questions @mexfeed on Twitter or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Apple Podcasts
- Or search ‘MEX Design Talk’ in your favourite podcast player
On this edition
- Our next MEX dining club events are in London on 17th January and 26th March 2019. Get in touch if you’d like an invite – it’s a relaxed dinner talking about experience design with fellow pioneers.
- Kerstin’s essay on the inclusive machine economy
- BigchainDB, the blockchain database mentioned by Kerstin.
- Ocean Protocol, mentioned by Kerstin.
- Design Talk 8: Ramona Liberoff (who kindly introduced me to Kerstin Eichmann) was a guest in episode 8 of MEX Design Talk. We talked about innovation’s many guises, particularly in developing markets and for people who have typically been poorly served by ‘innovation teams’ in large companies, like teenage girls in some of the world’s poorest countries.
About MEX Design Talk & how to get in touch
The podcast for the MEX community, interviewing UX pioneers, exploring emerging technologies, user behaviour and how to design better digital experiences.
- Archive of previous MEX Design Talk episodes
- Subscribe for future editions by searching ‘MEX Design Talk’ in your favourite podcast player. We’re also on Apple Podcasts, SoundCloud, Stitcher and TuneIn. For the old school, here’s our RSS feed
- If you enjoy MEX Design Talk, please help others discover the podcast by giving us a 5 star rating and a review on Apple Podcasts
- Get in touch with feedback and questions @mexfeed on Twitter or email email@example.com.
- MEX events
- MEX journal
- MEX Jobs Board
- Jukedeck, for the artificial intelligence engine which provided the music