Kwame Nyanning discusses the challenge of creating the experience office at Arrival, a technology company working on next generation electric vehicles, which hit the headlines earlier this year with an EUR 100m funding round from Hyundai and Kia. With an initial order of 10,000 vehicles from UPS (also an investor in the company), Kwame explains the complexity of experience design when it spans the multiple touchpoints of commercial vehicle deployment. His conversation with MEX founder Marek Pawlowski goes on to explore the potential societal impact of these vehicles, the scale of Arrival’s long-term vision and the nuances of his role as a chief experience officer in this design-led organisation. Get in touch with feedback and questions @mexfeed on Twitter or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Apple Podcasts
- Or search ‘MEX Design Talk’ in your favourite podcast player
On this edition
- Kwame Nyanning, Chief Experience Officer, Arrival (@nyanning)
- Marek Pawlowski, podcast host & founder, MEX (@marekpawlowski)
- Arrival’s January 2020 press release announcing an EUR 100m investment from Hyundai and Kia.
- Arrival’s January 2020 press release announcing UPS as an investor and an initial 10,000 vehicle order.
- Disney Magic Band project, which Kwame worked on with frog design.
- Denis Sverdlov, Founder and CEO at Arrival.
- Jeremy Offer, Chief Design Officer at Arrival.
- Richard Pelletier, former Global Director of Advanced UX Design at Ford, now Professor at Art Center College of Design, mentioned by Kwame as an inspiration.
- Christopher Alexander, the influential architect known for his work on pattern languages, mentioned by Kwame. Also discussed in more detail during Marek and Kwame’s previous conversation in episode 33 of the MEX podcast.
- Episode 33 of the MEX podcast, from May 2017, where Kwame talks to Marek about his early career and the role he was in at that time as VP of Experience Design at McKinsey.
About MEX Design Talk & how to get in touch
The podcast for the MEX community, interviewing UX pioneers, exploring emerging technologies, user behaviour and how to design better digital experiences.
- Archive of previous MEX Design Talk episodes
- Subscribe for future editions by searching ‘MEX Design Talk’ in your favourite podcast player. We’re also on Apple Podcasts, SoundCloud, Stitcher and TuneIn. For the old school, here’s our RSS feed
- If you enjoy MEX Design Talk, please help others discover the podcast by giving us a 5 star rating and a review on Apple Podcasts
- Get in touch with feedback and questions @mexfeed on Twitter or email email@example.com.
- MEX events
- MEX journal
- Jukedeck, for the artificial intelligence engine which provided the music