Gil Kahana is one of a growing number of designers launching their own start-ups. He shares the story with MEX founder Marek Pawlowski, tracing the arc from falling in love with user-centred design at the BBC in the mid-2000s to working agency-side for clients in a wide range of industries. Gil goes on to explain how he has tried to embed user-centricity in his product company, ChattyFeet, and hopes to scale the customer-led approach as his business expands – bringing a little fun to people’s lives along the way. Get in touch with feedback and questions @mexfeed on Twitter or email email@example.com.
- Apple Podcasts
- Or search ‘MEX Design Talk’ in your favourite podcast player
On this edition
- Marek Pawlowski, podcast host & founder, MEX (@marekpawlowski)
- Gil Kahana, co-founder & CEO, ChattyFeet (@gilkahana)
- Our next MEX dining club is in London on 21st June 2018. Get in touch if you’d like an invite – it’s a relaxed dinner talking about experience design with fellow pioneers.
- ‘The Space Between Us‘, Gil’s university project, was a motion tracking installation aimed at inspiring interaction between people.
- Lunch Box Revolution, the book by Gil Kahana and Michiko Nitta
- The original ChattyFeet Kickstarter
- 37signals, one of Gil’s inspirations. There’s also a MEX podcast episode where we talk about using Basecamp, one of 37signal’s spin-offs, for the MEX inspirations project.
- Other MEX podcast episodes on the theme of designers as entrepreneurs include: 48 Sofia Svanteson, 45 Eric Kim, and 31 Craig Bryant. Have a listen and enjoy!
- MEX Jobs Board – who’s hiring in UX, digital and design?
- MEX Hidden Talents is an experimental service where you can share your dream job description – anonymously – and invite prospective employers to get in touch with job offers. We’ve already started connecting our first ‘hidden talents’ – if you’d like to find out more, contact Marek Pawlowski in confidence.
About MEX Design Talk & how to get in touch
The podcast for the MEX community, interviewing UX pioneers, exploring emerging technologies, user behaviour and how to design better digital experiences.
- Archive of previous MEX Design Talk episodes
- Subscribe for future editions by searching ‘MEX Design Talk’ in your favourite podcast player. We’re also on Apple Podcasts, SoundCloud, Stitcher and TuneIn. For the old school, here’s our RSS feed
- If you enjoy MEX Design Talk, please help others discover the podcast by giving us a 5 star rating and a review on Apple Podcasts
- Get in touch with feedback and questions @mexfeed on Twitter or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- MEX events
- MEX journal
- MEX Jobs Board
- Jukedeck, for the artificial intelligence engine which provided the music