Jason DaPonte has been at the cutting edge of digital experience design since the late 90s and shares some of the insights gained along the way with MEX founder Marek Pawlowski. They talk about Jason’s current strategy role at design agency ustwo, as well as revisiting the evolution of multi-touchpoint experience design. The conversation expands to anecdotes from working on the earliest versions of the Washington Post’s web-site to Jason’s time at BBC Mobile and running his own agency business. Get in touch with feedback and questions @mexfeed on Twitter or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Apple Podcasts
- Or search ‘MEX Design Talk’ in your favourite podcast player
On this edition
- Marek Pawlowski, podcast host & founder, MEX (@marekpawlowski)
- Jason DaPonte, Strategy Principal, ustwo (@jasondaponte)
- ustwo, where Jason works.
- UK Government Digital Services, which has developed frameworks Jason mentioned.
- TfL, Transport for London, where Jason worked on innovation.
- Jason talking about multi-touchpoint experiences at MEX in December 2010.
- Jason’s blog post for Ustwo about designing in a polluted city.
- Make Learn Change, a book about digital transformation, by Ustwo.
- A MEX post about the principles of multi-touchpoint experience design, which explains some of the background of this ongoing theme in the MEX initiative.
- Surface Neo and Duo, the new mobile devices pre-announced by Microsoft, and mentioned during Marek’s ramble on mobile experience design.
- Twitter post from Andy Rubin of Essential showing designs for a new style of smartphone.
- News of Remarkable raising a Series A round from VCs to help with the next generation of their writing tablet.
About MEX Design Talk & how to get in touch
The podcast for the MEX community, interviewing UX pioneers, exploring emerging technologies, user behaviour and how to design better digital experiences.
- Archive of previous MEX Design Talk episodes
- Subscribe for future editions by searching ‘MEX Design Talk’ in your favourite podcast player. We’re also on Apple Podcasts, SoundCloud, Stitcher and TuneIn. For the old school, here’s our RSS feed
- If you enjoy MEX Design Talk, please help others discover the podcast by giving us a 5 star rating and a review on Apple Podcasts
- Get in touch with feedback and questions @mexfeed on Twitter or email email@example.com.
- MEX events
- MEX journal
- MEX Jobs Board
- Jukedeck, for the artificial intelligence engine which provided the music