Amy Daroukakis has spent her career helping others to see the deeper reality behind users’ lives. Through travel, observation and research she is constantly on the look out for emerging trends. Her work has included time in-house at one of the world’s largest retailers and in a variety of agency roles working with clients from fashion to financial services. She talks to MEX founder Marek Pawlowski about her techniques and tools, as well as the path that led her into this area. Get in touch with feedback and questions @mexfeed on Twitter or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Apple Podcasts
- Or search ‘MEX Design Talk’ in your favourite podcast player
On this edition
- Marek Pawlowski, podcast host & founder, MEX (@marekpawlowski)
- Amy Daroukakis, Director of Cultural Insights & Trends, Adjust Your Set (Instagram: amydar)
- Our next MEX dining club events are in London on 17th January and 26th March 2019. Get in touch if you’d like an invite – it’s a relaxed dinner talking about experience design with fellow pioneers.
- Target’s Instagram-like app links designers with customers
- Exclusive: Inside Target’s top secret test store
- Stonewall and Primark criticised for Pride T-shirts made in Turkey
- Semester at Sea
- Li Edelkoort
- Design Talk 8: Ramona Liberoff (who kindly introduced me to Amy Daroukakis) was a guest in episode 8 of MEX Design Talk. We talked about innovation’s many guises, particularly in developing markets and for people who have typically been poorly served by ‘innovation teams’ in large companies, like teenage girls in some of the world’s poorest countries.
- Design Talk 50: Onika Simon, who Amy has been working with on a new project.
About MEX Design Talk & how to get in touch
The podcast for the MEX community, interviewing UX pioneers, exploring emerging technologies, user behaviour and how to design better digital experiences.
- Archive of previous MEX Design Talk episodes
- Subscribe for future editions by searching ‘MEX Design Talk’ in your favourite podcast player. We’re also on Apple Podcasts, SoundCloud, Stitcher and TuneIn. For the old school, here’s our RSS feed
- If you enjoy MEX Design Talk, please help others discover the podcast by giving us a 5 star rating and a review on Apple Podcasts
- Get in touch with feedback and questions @mexfeed on Twitter or email email@example.com.
- MEX events
- MEX journal
- MEX Jobs Board
- Jukedeck, for the artificial intelligence engine which provided the music